Monday 7 January 2019

One of a kind - Wedding Guest signature book

I love making a unique wedding guest book. It's always one-of-a-kind as no two couples are alike, and I enjoy the insight it gives me to the couple, particularly when they chose the text to run along the bottom of each page.

Transferring the design and cutting the block for the end papers.
I still need to hang drying racks in the studio . . .  consequently my bookshelves are regularly commandeered for drying purposes!
Endpapers sewn into the book
In this instance the text running along the bottom of each page is September, by Earth Wind and Fire.

I remember when it was released in 1978 (hazy memories of discos and platform shoes) suffice it to say the couple that chose these lyrics wouldn't be even a gleam in their daddy's eye for at least another ten years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Memory Books by Hand

A project for making a concertina book with pockets. 9.30am - 1pm Wednesday 6th March, at No.4 West Mersea, Colchester CO5 8HT Learn how to ...